Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Crafty Crucifix

God has me on his calendar...


...I hope he has me on May 25th. May 25th is my birthday. 

Every month or so, there is a new, hand painted sign put up outside this church. I often wonder who paints them. I like to imagine it's the vicar himself. I picture him on his hands and knees, poster paints laid out across the scout hall floor as he franticly scurries around to water his brushes. I picture him sitting at his computer at home in the early hours of the morning, trying to devise new ideas for signs. 

"It's 2012. What can I work with there? End of the world? No, too pessimistic. Ah! The fucking Olympics! Of course. And, I could place a crafty crucifix in the middle of the zero. Take that advertising industry, the church can play with subliminal advertising too"

I liked this sign too, which was put up just before Christmas, but is still there now


I like this sign because it suggests that Jesus, is a baby "not just for Christmas" as opposed to all the other mortal, normal babies who are in fact equal to house pets. Jesus was the kind of baby you had to take care of, walk every day, get de-flead and neuter.

This is your new born baby


No comments:

Post a Comment