Sunday 15 January 2012

Smile Harvester


A smiley face with the insignia "THANK YOU XX" scrawled beneath. Not just a receipt any more. Now, it's an expression. I see it, and I feel an urge to tip. Do you tip in a Harvester? Of course you fucking do. But then I wonder; why is the smiley face's chin so big? Who draws eyes up so close to the top of the head? Is that supposed to be me? If this a fucking insult? No, she's a waitress not an artist. No harm was meant by it. It doesn't even have any hair. I've got hair. £12.58. Yeah, ok. That's quite low for 2 meals isn't it? And she WAS friendly. AND you get free salad. Although, they did bring out the meal too fast for me to properly enjoy the salad bar. I should have complained shouldn't I? "Excuse me, the food came too quickly. What kind of pony show are you running here? Send it back and let me eat this cold pasta" Let me assess this situation. I don't have much money at the moment, that's why we're in a Harvester in the first place. Is a £1 tip enough? Does that make me look ungrateful? She DID draw me a weird smiley face, that isn't supposed to be me but might be me. Okay, I value the picture at about 50p so I'll add that onto the tip. That seems fair I think.

God, maybe that's a picture of HER. Is that what she thinks of herself? The poor girl. Okay, here's another 50p. That's a  £2 tip now. I can't go any higher, I really can't.

I really cant.

No comments:

Post a Comment