Sunday 1 April 2012

Advertising Space

I don't know if you've ever been to Kidbrooke station, and how the fuck would I? I don't know anything about you. Regardless, I had to spend about thirty minutes sitting within it. This is the view I had


It felt strange not being encouraged to buy something. I imagined that this is what a world without advertising would be like...

...however, then I wondered if I had been tricked yet again by clever, modern advertising. Perhaps this wasn't just a blank advert board. How could I ever be sure? Maybe it was some kind of statement. 


I bet these shadows aren't even real shadows. They're probably painted on. They probably mean something really profound. Maybe they're band logo's or something? A band called "The Flowerpot Lamp-posts"

I couldn't find a band which matched that exact name, but I did find these guys on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lamppost-bandbd/113522108679807

I put a message on their wall letting them know I'm onto them. I await a reply. 

I've also decided to take the opportunity to use the blank advertising space to advertise myself...


...unfortunately, I spelt my website wrong, so it probably won't have any effect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment