Tuesday 17 April 2012

Psychic Today

I’ve given up on mainstream television. I’ve seen this coming for a while now, but what finally did it for me was a line in the channel five program “Cowboy Builders” which aired sometime in the day on 16/04/12 (The whole day was a haze of shit TV and I can’t pinpoint the exact hour)





They were helping out a woman who’s name was Adele. No not the singer Adele! She was a normal person, who doesn’t do much singing (well not as much as the singer Adele anyway, and remember this isn’t the same Adele. They are different Adele’s, with different lives and problems)
Anyway, Melinda Messenger was consoling Adele (Not the singer Adele remember, a normal, common Adele who isn’t rich or famous) Then Melinda’s narration came in. And what it said still shakes me to the very centre of my being.
Melinda: “We’ll sort Adele out, and hopefully she won’t be chasing payments.”
"Thanks, I'll be here all week"
Do you get it? Chasing payments. Sound a bit like, chasing PAVEMENTS doesn’t it? DOESN’T IT?! Yes, it does.
That was it. That single line made something in my brain burn out and now I can no longer enjoy Channel 5 or anything before it ever again. I know that sounds mad, but if I risk watching BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 or Channel 4 ever again, I might accidentally click too far and land myself back onto Channel 5, and I really can’t allow that to happen.
Now that I think about it, the channels just after Channel 5 on the sky package are just as dangerous. I shouldn’t get anywhere near it really. If I want to watch television now, I will only try channels that are at least past the 500 mark. How about… 886?
JACKPOT!
Below is a video about my experience with watching Psychic Today for multiple hours. I feel that it has improved my view of television on the whole and therefore can only be regarded as a positive thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment